Job Vacancy: Business Development Manager
Posted 06 Aug 2018
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Reporting To: General Manager
Location: Ipswich with travel predominately within the London area.
This is a key role within Steadfast and the Kee Safety UK region. The Medium-Term Plan places a clear emphasis on the development of our fall protection solutions and services sales in order to develop significant revenue growth on all of our products. The responsibility for sales forecasting and planned execution are key aspects of this role.
We expect you to work closely with the Steadfast General Manager making a direct contribution to our strategic development in terms of new business and routes to market. You must also work closely with your opposite number in the Contracts Department to ensure the effective planning and utilization of resources.
Your Role will focus on 3 key areas:
- The delivery of a personal sales targets
- Sales performance tracking & analysis
- Management of your Burndown List (Order Opportunities)
You will be expected to operate within a simple matrix of responsibility. Whilst the prime responsibility is sales delivery, the role will also focus on customer and business development. You will at times be required to work in conjunction with the Technical Sales Engineer ensuring customer solutions are delivered quickly and professionally.
Your Key Responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of Sales Plans.
- Key account management and sector targeting to include customer visits and on-site meetings.
- Lead by example with site surveys and quotations as and when required to achieve individual sales target.
- The development and collation of all required weekly/monthly sales data, identifying issues and planned resolution.
up processes to control, manage and continually improve margins and drive down
- Operate in accordance with Group Factored Product Approval guidelines.
- Development of fall protection solution type business with a focus on new business generation using proven GDM Techniques.
- The successful launch of all new products.
- Give support to the Contracts Manager & General Manager.
- Ensuring a full understanding of competitor activity and strengths and weaknesses.
- The development of our products in line with the Brand Pyramid.
- All other tasks within the Sales Development/Management area as requested by the General Manager.
Individuals should apply in writing outlining why they feel they are suitable for the position, attaching/enclosing a current CV.
Please forward your application to: Angela Willcox, UK & Ireland Human Resources Manager, at