Job Vacancy: Trainee Installation Technician
Posted 15 Dec 2020
Job Title: Trainee Installation Technician
Reporting To: Contracts Manager
Reports: No Reports
Salary: £23,000 p/a + Overtime
To assist the site supervisor with carrying out the installation and/or inspection on a variety of engineered working at height safety systems. Our main product base is a range of products that protect people whilst working at height, on roof tops or whilst abseiling.
The position that has become available is for a ‘trainee install technician’ to learn how to install our ever-growing safety product range, safely and confidently. Tasks vary from day to day; a high percentage of our work is carried out in London on some of the most prestigious developments the construction sector has to offer currently.
The ideal candidate would be comfortable working in all weather conditions, have a proactive, problem-solving mentality and would be prepared to use manual handling where required.
The successful applicant will be put through all of the required training to carry out their duties safely, from working at height training through to MEWPs and the use of specialist handheld tools.
- Assist with the loading and checking of materials in preparation of the day's work ahead.
- Assist with unloading and arranging for materials to be moved to the required working location.
- Assist the supervisor in setting & marking out install locations.
- To take guidance from your supervisor and learn to use work related tools and powered access machinery.
- Have a ‘pro health & safety’ attitude.
- To adequately work and communicate with other staff members.
- Able to adapt and remain flexible to last minute schedule / site changes.
- An outgoing personality would be well suited to the role, and be able to converse well across all levels whilst ensuring the company is well represented on our projects.
- Be confident in working at height.
- Ideally hold a red CSCS card as a minimum. Training will be provided for the right candidate.
- Be willing to have overnight stays where required.
- A full driver’s license is required.
To apply for this job vacancy, please apply in writing including a current CV to Angela Willcox, UK & Ireland Human Resources Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
by Ben Cornell